Thursday, June 17, 2010

More cakes!

It's been a cake-y couple of months! Nothing too revolutionary, but I figure I'll post the pictures and let you be the judge.

For Nicole's bithday I made her a chocolate buttermilk cake (it really is my stand-by recipe for chocolate deliciousness!) with cream cheese icing and fresh strawberries. Learned a very important lesson that day... strawberries bleed! The cake was yummy, though, and the filling between the layers was cream cheese with smashed up strawberries mixed into it... le yum.

For my birthday my sister and I made my favourite, carrot cake... loaded with carrots, topped with cream cheese icing, and with pecans for decoration (extra on the side for people like me who wanted tons, but minimal on the cake for those who don't like them!)

Red velvet cupcakes for the wedding shower of some dear friends whose wedding I am in this summer! (Red being one of the key colours in the wedding!)

And last, but not least, a cake for my coworker Mackenzie's sister's engagement party! Far from perfect (that dent above the heart DID get fixed!) but it was short notice, and my first tiered cake. More importantly, however, it was well received, and that's what really matters right?I

So there we go. Some cakey highlights from over the past month!

No comments:

Post a Comment