Sunday, January 10, 2010

Carrot Muffins, and More Christmas Presents

Carrot muffins are a weakness of mine, carrot cake one of my favourite treats... with or without cream cheese frosting, and especially with walnuts, I am a sucker for a good bite of carrot-y deliciousness. It's also one of my favourite things to make, so when boyfriend commented I had no good breakfast food on hand I immediately decided that this is what I would make to accomodate him, and indulge myself. I also was looking for a chance to display some of the beautiful new plates my sister got me for Christmas. So voila - carrot muffins! (Recipe after the jump)

Carrot Muffins
 
2/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup apple sauce (1 individual container)
1 cup sugar
1 cup shredded carrots (more like 2)
lemon juice to toss the carrots in
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)

Toss the carrots in lemon juice to help prevent that yucky blue thing they do once they're baked. Combine oil, eggs, applesauce, sugar, carrots, and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients separately (cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, baking powder & soda, and salt) and mix into the wet mixture until just combined.If adding walnuts either do it at this point, or sprinkle them over the top of your prepared and filled muffin cups, or cake pan. Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes. Makes about 15 muffins.


They taste even better when they're served on pretty plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment